Here’s a new segment where i’m just gonna write down my thoughts on paper and post them. Some predictions some opinions let me know what you think.
- Peyton Manning’s quick trip to Miami after being released is a smart move from the Manning camp to drive possible suitors to make a drastic move.
- I think the best place for Peyton would be Kansas City. Solid coach in Romeo Crennel and dynamic players on both sides of the ball. AFC West is a very winnable division aswell.
- Though I believe he will be a solid player for some years, expectations for Jeremy Lin right now are a little too high. Melo, Lin and Stoudemire could be a wrecking crew if they develop some chemistry but with several losses in a row it clearly isn’t happening yet.
- I wonder if the NFL is going to scapegoat Gregg Williams for player bounties much like Belicheck was for Spygate in 2007? Will other teams be investigated or will Roger Goddell act as if its a league anomaly? A rocky road lies ahead for the NFL thats’s for sure.
- With the NHL regular season winding down, it looks like only 2 of the 7 Canadian teams will be making the playoffs. Winnipeg barely hanging onto 8th place we might get lucky and see 3.
- As a Habs fan I’m thoroughly disappointed in the way the season has progressed. I believe many changes are in order. GM Pierre Gauthier and Head Coach Randy Cunneyworth will both be gone. The new regime will have an opportunity to start fresh with a lottery pick.
- Brian Burke will hold onto his job in Toronto but not by much. With only a dozen games left in the regular season new head coach Randy Carslyle is gonna need a miracle to sneak the Leafs into a playoff spot. Heading into next season Burke will have one last shot to get his Toronto revitalization right. Lets hope he chose the right coach this time.
- Though it pains me to say this, kudos to the Ottawa Senators. A team who wasn’t expected to contend for a playoff spot has proven to be a solid team through the first 70 games of the regular season.
- With NFL free agency looming and big names on the market it will be interesting to see which teams shell out the most cash. Lots of teams parted ways with seasoned veterans this offseason and will be looking to upgrade. A diluted market in positions like running back and safety could see teams paying more for lesser grade players.
- The NFL draft will follow in about about a months time. Always my favourite time of year getting to see the new prospects dished out to their future employers.